Aren’t sure you believe in Jesus but you want to know more?
Perfect. We started this church for you. Our mission is to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Our vision is to create a church that people who don't like church love to attend.
Every person and every story is unique.
We’d like to help you identify some potential next steps. Please fill out the form below, and a member of our staff will be in contact with you as quickly as possible.
OUR CORE VALUES
Here are the six values we want to describe and prescribe the culture we create at Southpoint, along with a set of questions we ask to ensure we’re personally embracing the values.
Simply stated we are committed to prioritizing people above the place that they meet and moving ministry from buildings to communities. We believe small groups are the optimal place for sustained life change.
Are you in a small group?
People generally desire to be a part of something that is larger than their individual efforts or dreams. Every individual is gifted to serve. Strategic service places the time, talents and energies of people at the place of critical need.
Where are you serving?
When Jesus came to redeem mankind He literally became one of us. He is God wrapped in human flesh as He walked among us. Similarly every local church is embedded in a specific time, place and culture. Following His example the church must use what is relevant to communicate that which is timeless.
Are your environments appealing, engaging, and helpful?
Witnessing isn’t something that we do, it is what we are. We believe that intentionally fostering relationships with people that are far from God is the most natural context for evangelism.
In whom are you investing?
Without the proper foundations, every organization, individual and family will eventually drift off course. The Word of God is the final authority on all issues of life, and is the ultimate source of truth intended to transform our every day lives.
Are your priorities consistent with scripture?
Contrary to popular opinion the goal of life isn’t simply to go to heaven when we die. It is to be more like Jesus while we are alive. Intentional apprenticing prioritizes life transformation above information. Intentional apprenticing also focuses on learning to replace ourselves.
Who are you apprenticing?
Here are our core beliefs about God, Jesus and the Christian faith:
We believe the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God and that men were moved by the Spirit of God to write the very words of Scripture. Therefore, we believe the Bible is without error.
We believe in one God who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe that Jesus Christ is the second member of the Trinity (the Son of God) who became flesh to reveal God to humanity and to become the Savior of the lost world.
We believe that all people were created in the image of God to have fellowship with him but became alienated in that relationship through sinful disobedience. As a result, people are incapable of regaining a right relationship with God through their own efforts.
We believe that the blood of Jesus Christ, shed on the cross, provides the sole basis for the forgiveness of sin. Therefore, God freely offers salvation to those who place their faith in the death and resurrection of Christ as sufficient payment for their sin.
We believe all Christians should live for Christ and not for themselves. By obedience to the Word of God and daily yielding to the Spirit of God, every believer should mature and be conformed to the image of Christ.
We believe that the church is the body of Christ, of which Jesus Christ is the head. The members of the church are those who have trusted by faith the finished work of Christ. The purpose of the church is to glorify God by loving him and by making him known to the lost world.
Frequently Asked Questions
North Point Ministries is the parent organisation of North Point Community Church, Buckhead Church, Browns Bridge Church, Woodstock City Church, Gwinnett Church, Decatur City Church and numerous Strategic Partnership churches across the world. Southpoint Church is a strategic partner of North Point Ministries. That means that we have the same mission, strategy, values and beliefs as North Point Ministries but are a separate entity.
As a strategic partner with North Point Ministries, our typical service consists of live worship and a message communicated by Morgan Herselman, our Lead Pastor, other live gifted speakers, or via video-cast from North Point Community Church. We strive to provide you with the best teaching possible and have found a healthy balance of video and live teaching.
Our mission is to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We accomplish our mission by creating environments where people are encouraged and equipped to pursue intimacy with God, community with insiders, and influence with outsiders.
We have created three environments that will help people take steps toward a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- The Foyer – (Guest) It’s the place in your home that serves as the welcome area for guests and new friends. It’s the first step, and it’s often your only chance to make your guests feel comfortable enough to return. That’s exactly how we’ve designed our entry environments at Southpoint Church. Our Sunday worship services are “foyer” environments. We want our guests to come back, so we do everything with them in mind. These environments are where most people will experience Southpoint for the first time, and they serve as the perfect place to introduce newcomers to the life of our church.
- The Living Room – (Friends) Once your guests arrive and are welcomed into your home, you invite them into the living room. Everyone finds a comfortable place to sit, and the interaction begins. This is where you connect with people like yourself. Smaller and more interactive than the foyer environment, this is a real-life, genuine opportunity to begin friendships just like you would in your home.
- The Kitchen – (Family) What’s the most popular room in your house? Where do you end up when friends and family come over? That’s right. The kitchen. And that’s the kind of environment we’re striving for in our small groups: community groups and Starting Point. These groups consist of six to eight individuals or five to six couples who meet regularly for Bible study and prayer and commit to accountability, friendship, and support. This is a safe place to open your heart and share your feelings. It’s a safe place to ask tough questions. This is where lasting friendships are made. It’s about commitment and strength and security. And we want to help you get there.
It means that we are not affiliated with a denomination, such as Baptist, Methodist, etc. In organising this church, our foremost desire was to be an attractive environment for those who not regularly attend church. For the most part, our feeling is that denominational titles mean more to churched people than unchurched people. In fact, we believe there are more disadvantages to a denominational title than there are advantages. We try to clearly state what we believe above in the Our Beliefs section.
The phrase we use to describe the function of government at Southpoint Church is that we are guarded by the Elders, guided by the Staff, and gifted through the attendees. However, in more specific terms, the Southpoint government is built around three teams of people.
- The Finance and Personnel Team oversees all the financial and personnel matters. The Lead Pastor is accountable to the Finance and Personnel Team in all these matters, and along with the Church administrator attends the team’s meetings but without voting privileges. Finance and Personnel Team are appointed by the Elders.
- The Leadership Team is appointed by the elders on recommendation of the lead pastor. The purpose of this group is to determine programming, give vision to the various ministries of the church, and to oversee the day-to-day operations.
- Elders function primarily as discerners and shepherds and serve as the conscience and guardians of the church. Their role is to evaluate everything going on in the church in light of three things; our mission, our resources and our doctrinal statement. The Board of Elders consists of men who meet the qualifications of Elders/Overseers outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-11 and Titus 1:5-9.
The mission of Southpoint Church is to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We feel that this growth is sustained best in a small group environment within a home. There are several reasons why we have chosen Community Groups as our primary relational structure. First, not having adult Sunday School allows attendees to participate in strategic service on Sunday mornings. We have also found that meeting in a home is a safe, predictable environment where no one slips through the cracks. True accountability can be reached with a consistent group of people in a Community Group. People are able to benefit from the encouragement and accountability of a small group while still being part of our invest and invite evangelism strategy. Lastly, we feel that the strategy of meeting in homes is a good stewardship of our resources that would otherwise go towards adult education facilities.
As a church, we strive to be great stewards of all that is given to us as an organisation and to be transparent with our financial status. Your generosity to our church and, more importantly, what God is doing in the lives of people through our church, is greatly appreciated.